CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 30, 2013

Choosing "Just Right" Books!

Each year I notice that students have difficulty choosing a book that is just right for them.  In order to show them the importance of picking a book that they cannot only read but comprehend what they are reading we do this lesson.  I use clothing to help students make the analogy with books.  We make sure our clothes fit us just right - we don't want anything too small or too big.  Thank you to Miss Alyson who helped with being our model reader to pose for pics while I taught this lesson.
                                               
We can't choose books that are too easy!
  We can't choose books that are too hard either!
 Therefore when choosing books we have to make sure they are "just right!"  :)
See it's a perfect fit! Once we have MAP scores I will be helping your child know his/her lexile range.  This will help when we check out books on our independent reading levels. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment