Sunday, September 5, 2010
Kickoff to Football Season!
The students were surprised with football donuts Thursday! Every year I bring in donuts the day that Carolina Gamecocks kick - off their football season. All of us enjoyed them...even our Clemson pals!! :)



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
We may have to wrap up the football season with another set of doughnuts the middle of November when our BIGGEST rivalries play each other the last game of the season..... The Wolverines (University of Michigan) plays the Bucks (Ohio State University). Here's a few sentences from one of the most recent blogs in the U.S. ratings of rivalries where they rated the Uofm vs. OSU's as #1:
This rivalry is more than two universities against each other.
This is a hatred of epic proportions.
People that live in Michigan hate people that live in Ohio, and vice versa. This goes well beyond the gridiron, beginning with the Toledo War.
The first meeting was in 1897. Michigan leads the overall series 57-42-6.
I guess I should add that I was born & raised 6 blocks from the UofM stadium with my father, grandfather & uncles working for & retiring from the University of Michigan while my husband of just 17 yrs. (today) ATTENDED OSU after growing up in Ohio!! :) Enough said?!?!? lol
Post a Comment