CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Boone Hall Plantation in Charleston, SC

We've been studying the Civil War and last weekend my husband and I took a trip to Charleston.  While we were there we went on a tour of one of the most historic plantations in the South.  I promised my students that I would share with them the pics from our trip.
 Boone Hall Plantation
 Entrance way
 Smokehouse
 Cotton Gin

 Field of cotton

 Pecan trees lined the long driveway.  The original owner's son actually planted all these trees knowing he would never see how they looked now since it takes a century for them to fully develop.  He had an awesome vision. :)
 So pretty!
 I recommend this tour for you and your family if you are ever in Mt. Pleasant, Charleston.
This is an actual slave cabin.  The family had 20 + slave cabins but only 9 original cabins are still standing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment