CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 3, 2012

Bubblicious Writing!





Even though the classroom smelled like strawberry, grape, and sour apple gums all mixed up for a while, we all had a blast with this writing - including ME!! :)






It was so exciting to see so many kids chewing their gum while they used their schema to write. Some students had never been able to blow a bubble before. Luckily, we were able to capture their first moments on camera! :)






Well for those of you who know me well enough you know I very much dislike gum!! Just thinking about it makes me ill. I used to love it and chew it as a child, but as I got older my love for it died! LOL! I don't know what happend or if I had some traumatic event take place but for some reason I can't stand to chew it or smell it. Anywho, I put those feelings aside because I know how much my kiddos love chewing gum. I found a cute writing idea on the web on "How to Blow A Bubble" and decided to use it to review transitional words and to teach expository writing. The students had to write the directions for how to blow a bubble. In order to help them write out these directions, I allowed them to actually chew some gum while practicing making bubbles. It all goes along with the model of "I Do and Understand!" We worked on word choice and using vivid vocabulary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment