CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 7, 2011

Having Fun With Geometry!



We have been learning about lines, angles, and triangles this week. The students practiced with straws and twist ties to form different angles. We formed equilateral triangles (all sides equal), isosceles (two sides equal), and scalene (all sides different). The students really enjoyed these hands on math lessons using the straws. We also toured the school looking for parallel and perpendicular lines.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Faith had a BLAST learning about volcanoes via your experiment!! What a great idea!! I can remember my brother making one of these erupting volcanoes when we were kids....I had forgotten about how much fun they were until I saw the excitement in Faith's eyes the day she came home telling us about what you taught them! Thank you, thank you for bringing education to life!!

Post a Comment